Job Placement Services
The Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation program provides a wide array of services to persons with disabilities as they prepare for gainful employment. From application to eligibility determination, assessment to job placement, Vocational Rehabilitation professionals located in more than 50 offices statewide focus on assisting people with disabilities to go to work. The agency currently has over 20 Job Placement Specialists who offer Job Placement services to consumers.
The Job Placement Specialists provide employability skills training for consumers based on individual needs. They work one-on-one with consumers to develop professional resumes, provide mock interviews, and answer questions regarding job search. Many of our local offices are now providing these services through resource labs. The labs are equipped with job search tools and technology, including access to the Employ Kentucky Operating System.
Other Job Placement Services available for Consumers:
- Assistance in developing job search strategies. This may include the development and writing of On-the-Job Training contracts.
- Information and assistance with potential job referral sources.
- Labor market information, including local job availability and future employment trends.
- Determine level of job readiness and make appropriate recommendations as needed.
- Employability skills training based on individual needs.
- Technical assistance and resources in reference to the Americans with Disabilities Act.
||Job Placement Services General Forms
||Related Policies and Procedures